Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This role is a split-shift shipper / receiver position in the Graphics Mentor Distribution Center. Standard hours are 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday).
This posting is subject to shift alignment. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, with those currently in the Mentor Distribution Center receiving first consideration.
The primary function of this role is to pull or pick LTL and UPS orders. This person will be responsible for working safely, accurately and efficiently as part of a shipping team. He / she will be challenged to learn as much of the shipping process as possible. Cross-training to all shipping tasks will be required.
The shipper / receiver’s responsibilities include, but are not liminted to:
- Promote safety as the most important value in the organization by following all Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures.
- Constantly monitor personal and team safety performance while carrying out assigned duties.
- Work a variety of assignments to achieve customer service / shipping goals.
- Strive to meet service requirements for customer satisfaction.
- Work both individually and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrate initiative, integrity and good judgment.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures, quality standards, cycle counts, safety and housekeeping standards and other plant policies and procedures.
- Accurately pull, pick and pack LTL / UPS and international orders using the RF scanning units.
- Provide input for operational improvements to promote safety, improve quality, minimize scrap, improve service and increase productivity.
- Lead by positive example. Motivate team members to meet and exceed facility goals.
- Attend all team meetings and contribute your experience for the betterment of the team.
- Collaborate with technical, financial and materials support teams to resolve problems and develop improved manufacturing processes.
- Maintain an organized facility and accurate location of stocks in the warehouse.
- Troubleshoot and effectively problem-solve issues, then implement solutions to prevent recurring issues.
- Work assigned shift and overtime schedule.
- Adapt work schedule to the business needs. This may require changing shift or shift schedule.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have excellent attendance records.
- Must have a positive attitude and good conduct.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) are essential.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, with a high degree of responsiveness and accuracy.
- Ability to acquire a valid towmotor operator’s license.
- Experience with MFGPro and proficiency with Microsft Windows-based software.
- Mechanical aptitude highly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.