For Our Employers in the Area
Nextwork is connecting businesses with locally grown talent.
There is a workforce shortage in Lake and Geauga counties. Employers are hiring, but are struggling to find young, talented, qualified people to fill the positions. Students are considering their career paths, but are unaware of the opportunities available to them. Nextwork seeks to build a bridge that will connect local employers with area high schools.
What can Nextwork do for your business?
As a member of Nextwork, your business will have access to valuable resources to help you find and cultivate local talent on our interactive, online platform.
The Nextwork platform allows you to:
- Post jobs for students to view
- Receive resumes from interested candidates
- Share events such as job fairs and educational programs
- Communicate with schools, students, and parents about job opportunities within your company
Opportunities for real change exist beyond the platform…
- On-site shadowing experiences – Invite students to tour your facility and experience “a day in the life” at your business to excite them about your field and showcase potential opportunities to work with you.
- Speaking engagements – Engage with students, parents, and schools first-hand and expose them to your business and the career opportunities available by scheduling an outreach speaking engagement.
- Business advisory councils – Join a focus group to discuss how to form better relationships with local schools in order to play a meaningful role in curriculum and program development, and work-based learning experiences.
Be part of a rising tide.
As a member of the Nextwork initiative, you are making an investment in the growth of a strong regional workforce collaboration in Lake and Geauga Counties. This collaboration will raise the tide for all ships and will steer the entire region in a positive direction.
“Forming a regional workforce collaboration is not easy. It’s hard work. Nor will it happen overnight. It will take time to build relationships, reach consensus, and engage key stakeholders.” – Ohio Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation
These words ring true to the mission at hand. Though this problem will not be solved immediately, it is important that we lay the foundation in which future generations can build a strong regional workforce.
Becoming a member is easy! Visit the membership pages to view your options. Contact us if you have any questions.