NEXTWORK’s mission is to provide quality job opportunities to its students by providing exposure, training and life skills required to be successful in a manufacturing, healthcare, or IT environment, while helping to sustain and expand manufacturing, healthcare and IT in Lake & Geauga Counties.
Interested in NextWork for your community? Please contact us!
The manufacturing community and K-12 education will work collaboratively to:
- Create an organizational structure that will centralize the process of providing these experiences/opportunities in order to coordinate all efforts seamlessly:
- Providing experiences and opportunities for students to become familiar with careers in the manufacturing sector so that they may make thoughtful and strategic decisions about Career Technical Training, College, and Careers.
- Providing experiences and opportunities for school staff and community members to become aware of and understand the manufacturing sector
- Create a standard process to build awareness of manufacturing careers in the region.
- Create opportunities for students to experience all aspects of the manufacturing industry.
- Create a collaborative environment in which the leaders of the manufacturing community work with the leaders in K-12 education to establish programming that best meets the needs of both organizations.
- Assist the manufacturing sector in finding qualified candidates and filling job openings.